An integral part of the LUZCO culture is Philanthropy. Our familia is passionate about making a difference in the communities we serve. For this reason, the LUZCOmmunity Team was formed to help plan and organize our philanthropic efforts and ensure that they align with our mission: to help immigrants, women and underserved communities thrive in the St. Louis region.
The LUZCOmmunity team is headed by LUZCO Project Manager, Elsa Schenk. Any LUZCO employee can join the committee. This year, the team voted on which organizations to support and how to allocate LUZCO’s philanthropic funds. The team also recruited participation for events, including the FIRST Robotics Competition, the Veterans Day 5K, the Mission: St. Louis Affordable Christmas event, the Soles4Souls Shoe Drive and The Little Bit Foundation supply drive.
Some of the philanthropic partnerships that were developed or continued in 2022 were:
- Casa de Salud
- The Little Bit Foundation FIRST Lego League Team
- The Little Bit Foundation
- The International Institute of St. Louis
- Junior Achievement
- FIRST (Robotic Team)
- Mathew-Dickey’s Boys & Girls Club
- Missouri Colleges Fund Inc.
- St. Patrick Center’s Veterans Day 5K
- Women Foundation of St. Louis
- Immigrant Home
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- The United Way
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Grupo Atlantico
- YMCA Kirkwood
- IDA – International Dyslexia Association
- Gene Slay’s Boys Club
All LUZCO familia members can join the LUZCOmmunity team. Also, all full-time employees qualify for paid volunteer time off, as well as the corporate matching gift program.